Sunday, November 9, 2008

SEC CHAMPS!!!!

WE WONNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

We beat UGA 1-0 for the SEC Champ!!! IT WAS AWESOME!!!
I hope you guys got to watch it on tv. We have obviously had a very tough year, and for our girls to go to the tournament, work their butts off, silent their critics and bring home a trophy is such a rewarding feeling!
A big shout out to Ange also...this trophy kinda personifies her personality-she has kept this team positive in bad times, kept them working when they wanted to quit, and kept believing in them when they didnt know how to believe in themselves. What a well-deserved championship for her and this team!!

We find out tomorrow where we will go for ncaa tourney and who we will play....of course, i'll let you know :)

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :)

6 comments:

hollypeters said...

Congrats to the team and to Ange! So proud to be a Lady Vol!!! Great job!

Sharon said...

What an awesome win! I was almost crying at the end of the game. Those girls have so much heart and I know Ange believed in them all season they just needed to believe in themselves. I'm so proud of the team. What a great day to be a Lady Vol. Now I just hope you guys are playing somewhere close to me so I can come and watch!!!

Cori and Robert said...

Yesterday was awesome! I was sitting on the edge of the couch for 90 mins yesterday, heart beating out of my chest, and yelling at the TV. This team has had it's ups and downs this season, but this tournament really showed the heart and determination in everyone. I can't say how proud and honored I am to be a UT soccer alum!

Cori and Robert said...

Yesterday was awesome! I was sitting on the edge of the couch for 90 minutes, heart beating out of my chest and yelling at the TV. This team has been through so much this year, but this weekend showed the heart and determination in everyone associated with TN soccer. I am so unbelievably proud of the team and the coaching staff. It's a honor to be a lady vol alum!!! Good luck in the NCAA tourney!!!

Kassie said...

AWESOME! Never give up!! :) GREAT coaching job guys! And that goal yesterday was awesome!!

kelly b said...

didn't see it. was out of town, but was excited to hear about the turn in the season! congrats congrats! i hear rumors of heading to UNC...I'll be at the game in my UT gear!